Last Updated: March 14, 2019
We only collect personal information through the Services from a child under 13 where that Student’s school, school district, and/or teacher has agreed (via the terms described in the Subscription Agreement) to obtain parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose personal information to us for the use and benefit of the learning environment. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent being obtained by the child’s school, school district, and/or teacher, we will delete that information. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not collect, maintain, use or share Student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the Student or his or her parent. We do not sell Student personal information. We do not use or disclose Student information collected through the Services (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to Students. We do not build a personal profile of a Student other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent or Student.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter through the Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Registration information, including name, username, email address, school affiliation, and authentication tokens
- The grade level and names of classes that you teach or attend
- Any activities you perform using the Services, such as tests, quizzes, assignments, videos, logins, pages visited)
- Any other information uploaded to or entered into the Services
Information Collected Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information, as well as actions performed by the user in accessing the Muzology application. We also use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our application and Services. This software may record information such as how often you use the Muzology Services, what you do using the Services, and performance data.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests; and,
- We use automatically-collected information to enable us to analyze how often users use parts of the Services and to monitor trends, usage and activities, so that we can make the Services appealing and relevant to as many users as possible, and customize and improve those Services.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, provided such third parties are obligated to implement the same commitments Muzology has made to you for the previously collected Student personal information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Muzology or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, provided the successor entity is subject to the same commitments Muzology has made to you for the previously collected Student personal information;
- Between and among Muzology and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership, provided such entities are subject to the same commitments Muzology has made to you for the previously collected Student personal information; and,
- With your consent or at your direction, or the consent of your parent or guardian, as applicable.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual.
Muzology takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and would like to request that personal information regarding your child be updated or deleted, or if you’d like to refuse further contact of your child by the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to a request made pursuant to this section within 30 days of our receipt of such request.